The Sewickley Public Library is seeking a part-time Development Associate to work approximately 20 hours per week (flexible). The candidate will coordinate all development activities of the library with the goal of leading the library to meet its current annual fundraising goals while increasing and diversifying its funding base.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement plans for a comprehensive Development program that meets the short-term and long-term funding requirements of the Library.
- Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations. Maintain excellent donor relations, gift acceptance, and recognition policies.
- Design and manage fundraising activities including, but not limited to: major gifts, planned giving, monthly giving, capital campaign, annual appeal and public and private funding.
- Meet or exceed budget development revenue goals annually.
- Spearhead grant writing and maintain contact with foundations and corporations.
- Manage the development calendar including, but not limited to the timing of grant applications, mailings, events and special promotions.
- Work with staff to analyze donor records, gift/pledge files, prospect files, mailing lists and data management. Analyze donor records and receipts to improve the efficacy of the library’s outreach.
- Assist staff with marketing efforts, including but not limited to the annual report, newsletter, targeted mailings, social media, print and on-air advertising campaigns.
- And all other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Five year’s experience and knowledge of the Pittsburgh and Sewickley area Foundations.
- Possess analytical skills and organizational abilities.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create a good impression of the library.
- Ability to establish good donor rapport.
- Computer literacy skills including Gift Works and other donor databases.
Please submit via email a cover letter and resume to tothc@eiNetwork.net
Carolyn Toth, Executive Director
Sewickley Public Library
500 Thorn Street
Sewickley, PA 15143
No phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed until a Development Associate is hired.
Sewickley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer