Opening for Circulation Clerk
The circulation clerk handles all of the transactions for patrons at the circulation desk.
Basic position requirements:
- Handles checking in and checking out of materials; familiarity with computers is highly desirable. Training will be provided. Attention to detail is vital.
- Issues library cards.
- Provides basic and appropriate assistance to patrons at the circulation desk including collecting fines, renewing library materials, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and customer friendly attitude are necessary.
- Answers telephone and refers inquiries to appropriate staff member.
- Shelves materials.
- Assists with other library functions as needed.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand for prolonged periods of time and to push a book truck up to 75 lbs.
- Minimum level: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a volunteer or user of libraries is recommended
- Computer skills required
The library is looking for an individual who will work evenings and weekends and will also be available for substituting during the day, evenings and weekends. The clerk will be provided extensive training since he or she is on-call to work at both circulation desks in the library (the main floor and Children’s Department). The position requires an ability to understand policies and procedures and to exercise independent judgment. The candidate who is selected will need to obtain PA Child Abuse/FBI Clearances and successfully pass a criminal background check.
The pay rate is $7.25 per hour.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
If you are interested in the position, please stop at the library and pick up an application form at the reference desk. Applications and resumes are to be returned to:
Chrisi Cerqua, Circulation Department Manager
Sewickley Public Library
500 Thorn Street
Sewickley, PA 15143
Sewickley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer