If you live in Allegheny County you are eligible for a Sewickley Public Library Card!
Your library card gives you access to eBooks, our public internet computers, extensive databases and the collections of 80 libraries across the region! If you don’t have a card yet, you can get a temporary one, here. You can also get one in person at the library’s circulation desk. If you already have a card from another public library in Allegheny County, you can start using it here today.
Library Card Policies
- Borrowers’ cards are issued free of charge to Quaker Valley School District residents and to residents of Allegheny County.
- All applicants must show an up-to-date photo identification with your current address. If you do not have a photo ID with a current address, you must bring in a photo ID plus proof of your current address such as a lease or a piece of mail.
- Non-Allegheny County residents who have a valid card from a library participating in ACCESS Pennsylvania may obtain a card free of charge. The valid library card must be accompanied by up-to-date identification as listed above.
- The signature of a parent or guardian is required for children under age fourteen.
- Borrowers are responsible for all use made of their library card.
- Lost cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
- It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to supervise and monitor their children’s borrowing practices.
- There is no limit to the total number of books which may be borrowed at a time. However, there are some restrictions:
- Books are limited to three nonfiction books on a subject, or three by one author.
- Occasionally, the number of books in certain categories, such as holiday books, may be restricted.
- Magazines are limited to three issues of one title.
- There is no limit on DVD borrowing.
- Three Weeks:
- Books (includes print and Audio Books)
- DVDs with a run time of more than 360 minutes
- One Week:
- Music CDs
- Video Games
May be done by phone, in person or online for any item not on reserve.
- $.25 per day for adult materials
- $.25 per day for children’s items and children’s magazines
- $.50 per day for DVDs
- $1.00 per day for video games
- Persons whose fines exceed $10.00 will have their borrowing privileges suspended.
- If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair the current replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing fee must be paid to the library. Refunds will not be made for lost items which have been found.
- Borrowers will be notified of overdue materials two weeks after the due date. Replacement bills are sent three weeks later if materials are not returned.