Technology Help & Classes
Every month we have OASIS Computer classes on a variety of tech topics
We also have one-on-one Tech Help Appointments for help with mobile devices, e-readers, and more. Call the Reference Desk to make and appointment today, 412-741-6920 x3.
Learn a Language with Mango Languages
Mango is an online language-learning system that can help you learn languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian, Russian and more.
The Job, Career & Education Center at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh has a great list of local vocational training locations. Click here to visit their site.
High School Help
Live Homework Help (2 pm to 10 pm daily)
Got homework? Get online help from real tutors! Live Homework Help offers online tutoring for 4th grade to College level questions in English, Math, Science and Social Studies. Non-traditional students and adult learners can take advantage of essay writing, skills building, GED prep, and other tutoring services designed specifically for adults. To find out how it works, sign up for an account and click their “Check out our FAQs” link.
Check out Tutor.com To Go™ for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- BigFuture by the College Board – Gets you started planning for college, finding the right college for you, exploring career options, figuring out how to pay for it and how to get in.
- CareerOneStop – Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, CareerOneStop provides resources on salary and benefit information, job training, résumé and interview techniques and tools to transition from the military.
- CollegeProwler.com – CollegeProwler, based in Pittsburgh, offers almost 500,000 student reviews on over 7,000 colleges.
- Princeton Review: Careers After College – Includes a quiz to determine your style and interests and suggest careers.
- U.S. News: College Rankings – Get rankings of 1,600 schools, use their tools to search for your perfect fit and find details on scholarships, loans, and grants.