Getting Started with Flipster
Access the digital magazines available at your library through a variety of platforms.
• Access Flipster online using the web browser of your computer or mobile device.
• Offline viewing available via the Flipster app for iPads and iPhones, Android Phones and Tablets, and side-loaded to Kindle Fire Tablets.
• Search by title, keyword, or browse by category (available in three platforms, coming soon in Android)
How do you access Flipster?
Searching Flipster Online
The Flipster Home screen is the default search screen and offers the ability to search for titles by keyword, as well as browse by Category, Latest Issues, and All Issues.
To create a Basic Keyword Search:
1. From the Home Screen, enter your search terms in the Find field and click Search. A Result List of magazines that match your search is displayed.
2. Click on a title or the Read This Issue link to read it in the Flipster viewer.
Via a computer, tablet, or phone:
Click on the Flipster link on your library’s website, enter your library card information or a username and password provided by your librarian, and access a site where you can browse available magazines. You can then click on a magazine to view it within your browser. This means that you can access Flipster from the computer library, your home computer, your phone, or your tablet, as long as you are connected to the Internet.
• Locate participating libraries
• Browse for and download popular magazines to read offline
• Access digital table of contents for each magazine
• Read articles in text view
• Tap highlighted areas to jump to articles and related websites
• Track percentage of magazine read