The Friends of the Sewickley Public Library recently announced their big spring fundraising event – “Savoring at Home.” This new virtual-event pays homage to the Friends’ largest annual fundraiser, “Savoring Sewickley,” which was prevented from occurring by the recent pandemic. In years past, the Friends hosted local restaurants at the Sewickley Public Library who prepare and share tasty bites with event-goers. This year, they provide participants with the tools needed to create an inviting atmosphere and savor delicious bites at home.
This five-part series brings local chefs, a sommelier, and a florist directly to participants in virtual classes to help you create the perfect table for Savoring at Home. Each one-hour class will showcase a different aspect of the meal or help participants decorate their table! A few days before each class, participants will receive a link to the Zoom meeting, the shopping list, and the instructions so that you can follow along at home. If you can’t join the live program, a recording can be viewed by ticket holders after each event.
- Main Course: Family-Friendly Homemade Pizza Night on Sunday, March 21 at 4:00 pm, Hosted by Jennie Modugno, Co-Owner at Bridgeside Market
- Main Course: Club Classic Veal Piccata on Monday, March 22 at 7:00 pm, Hosted by Dustin Bates, Executive Chef at Allegheny Country Club
- Setting the Table: Creating Beautiful and Festive Tablescapes on Sunday, March 28 at 4:00 pm, Hosted by Nicole Brackin, owner of Considering Flowers
- Setting the Table: Picking the Perfect Wine on Sunday, April 11 at 4:00 pm, Hosted by Matthew Kurtas, General Manager of the Edgeworth Club
- Sweet Endings: Apple Tarte Tatin on Sunday, April 18 at 4:00 pm, Hosted by Kate Jeffe, Board Member for the Friends of the Sewickley Public Library
Tickets for the full 5-class virtual series are $100 or tickets for the pizza night only for $25. The first 100 ticket holders for the 5-class series receive their own FOSPL apron. Tickets can be purchased now through Saturday, March 20th. Visit the Friends of the Library’s website for the link to purchase tickets at www.sewickleylibrary.org/friends. Call the library at 412-741-6920 with questions.