Updates Regarding Library Service and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please note: Due to the rapidly changing nature of the current situation, these updates may change. We will post any changes as quickly as possible.
The library will be OPEN for EXPRESS LIBRARY services beginning September 1st!
We are very excited to announce that the library will begin offering Express Library services to the public starting on Tuesday, September 1, 2020. The Express Library gives users a chance to come into the library to browse our collection, check out items, and use the public computers. We are taking precautions to ensure the safety of library staff & patrons, including: requiring masks for all patrons, increasing cleaning and sanitizing of highly used areas, offering hours for high-risk individuals, and limiting visit times.
Here’s What You Need to Know about the Express Library:
- Browsing is welcome!
- Please limit your visit to 30 minutes
- Limited public computers are available for 45 minute sessions
- Meetings, gatherings, or study sessions are not allowed at this time
- Toys and play sets are unavailable in the Children’s Department
- Patrons are required to wear a mask at all times while in the building and asked to maintain social distancing
- Please use the outdoor book drop to return all materials
- Please use the rear entrance off of the library parking lot to enter/exit the building
Express Library Hours
|Monday/Wednesday||10am – 8pm|
|Tuesday/Thursday/Friday||10am – 6pm|
|Saturday||10am – 2pm|
Hours for High Risk Individuals
|Tuesday/Thursday||9am – 10am|
Curbside Pickup Hours
|Tuesday/Thursday||6pm – 8pm|
|Saturday||2pm – 4:30pm|
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will the library re-open?
What hours will the library be open?
Are there hours for high-risk individuals?
Is curbside service still available?
How does curbside service work?
Will computers be available when you reopen?
Is printing available?
When will library programs resume?
Can I schedule a meeting room?
When are my items due?
Where can I return my items?
Is the outside book drop open?
I returned my items, why are they still on my account/why am I getting an overdue notice?
Will I get fines?
What happens to the books I have on hold?
Can I request physical items in the library catalog?
How do I access library resources from home?
Are you accepting material donations?
When is the next book sale?
The library will open for Express Library services on September 1, with limited hours and services. Please note:
- Face masks are required and must be worn at all times
- Social distancing must be observed
- All patrons must enter/exit using the Rear Entrance to the library off of the parking lot
- All library materials must be returned in the outside book return. Inside returns will not be accepted
- Please limit your visit to 30 minutes or less
- Tables/chairs/inside play spaces will not be available
- Meetings/study sessions are not allowed at this time
- Library services will be limited. Call the library (412)741-6920 if you have any questions.
Yes! Special hours have been designated for high-risk individuals and those over 60 years old on Tuesday & Thursday (9-10am).
Yes! Curbside hours are available at the following times:
Follow these steps to set up a curbside pickup:
- Request the item(s) you would like to pick up using our online catalog or call the library to make your request.
- Visit sewickleylibrary.org/curbside-pickup or call 412-741-6920 to schedule a pickup date/time. Please note, a limited number of time slots are available. Requests must be made at least 2 hours in advance.
- At your designated pick up time, you can pick up your materials at the table by the back door of the library near the rear parking lot. Items will already be checked out for you with a receipt included that lists due date(s).
Yes! Limited computers will be available for public use in the adult department. We have reduced the number of PCs available to promote social distancing. You can use computers for one 45-minute session each day.
Yes, printing services will be available. You can print from our public computers or use our Remote Printing service from home and pickup at the library. Patrons must see the staff member on duty to retrieve prints.
All in-house library programs and meetings are cancelled until further notice. Visit the library’s Event Calendar for a list of virtual programs.
No, all of our meeting spaces are closed at this time. Public use of our meeting and study rooms has been postponed until further notice.
All due dates for materials checked out prior to the library’s closure in March were extended through July 1, 2020. Many items may be renewed past that date, though items that have holds on them can no longer be extended and must be returned to the library.
Please return ALL items in the library’s book drop in the rear of the building off of the parking lot. Inside book returns are not available at this time. Please note, all returned items will be quarantined for 4 days before they can be checked in. You may see items on your account for several days after they are returned, but we will check them in as soon as it is safe to do so.
Yes, the library’s book drop in the rear of the building off of the parking lot is open 24/7. You can return your items at any time.
For the safety of our staff and patrons, the library is quarantining all returned items for 4 days before we can check them in. Items will remain on your account during this time. You may still receive an automated overdue notice while your items are in quarantine. Staff will check your item(s) in when it is safe to do so. If you have any questions regarding returned items, please call the library at 412-741-6920.
Overdue fines for all library materials checked out before our closure in March are waived through July 1. Many items will be automatically renewed after July 1, but any item(s) that have holds cannot be renewed and must be returned to the library.
If you have a question about an overdue fine on your account, please contact us at 412-741-6920.
You will be contacted when your hold(s) become available. They can be picked up in the library or you can request curbside pickup.
Yes, the online catalog is fully functioning and can be used to request items on your account.
Library users can access tons of library resources from home! Visit our research page for a list of available resources: https://sewickleylibrary.org/research/ Find kid-friendly resources on our kids’ page: https://sewickleylibrary.org/kids
No, we cannot accept any materials donations until further notice.
Book sales have been cancelled until further notice. At this time, we do not have any dates set for the next book sale.
For current information regarding details about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Allegheny County Health Department, Pennsylvania Department of Health or the U.S. Centers for Disease Control websites.