Join us for a day of job and career development workshops presented by the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and the Career Development Center.
- Engage and connect with Pittsburgh employers.
- Learn valuable skills in workshops on resumes, interviews and networking.
- Focus your job search with resources from Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and Career Development Center.
- Launch your search with online job application and social media seminars.
- Schedule a one-on-one meeting with a CDC Career counselor
11:00 am – 11:45 am: Safe and Efficient Online Application Navigation Learn tips and tricks on how to safely and efficiently navigate online applications and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), including resume format changes and how to stay organized during your job search.
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm: LinkedIn Strategies Learn how to utilize this business oriented social networking site to build networks and aid in job searches. Topics covered will include how to complete your profile, add connections, and adjust privacy settings.
1:00 pm – 1:45 pm: Interview Techniques Learn interviewing techniques, how to negotiate offers, and how to transition into a new position.
2:00 pm – 2:45 pm: Preparing for Career Fair Success This session will help you understand how to prepare for and navigate a career fair, including how to make an impact and maximize your potential exposure to valuable employer contacts.