We are kicking off our 2020 Experience Kit season! In partnership with other Allegheny County libraries, we are now circulating admission passes to nearby museums that offer FREE ADMISSION for up to four people!
This year, you can visit:
- Heinz History Center (plus, as an extra bonus, you can visit Fort Pitt Museum and Meadowcroft!) In addition to your museum pass, you will need an online ticket. Instructions are here.
- Pennsylvania Trolley Museum In addition to your museum pass, you will need an online ticket. Instructions are here.
- Lincoln Highway Experience
- Air Heritage Museum & Aircraft Restoration Facility*
- McKeesport Regional History & Heritage Center*
Experience kits from SPL are checked-out for one week at a time (Wednesday to Tuesday). Each kit can be reserved for the exact week you need it – reservations are first come, first served. Reservations for Experience Kits start July 27th! We recommend you call the site to confirm operating hours, specific health and safety policies, and/or time reservation requirements before your trip.
Before you go, explore the museum’s “virtual experience kit!” Discover what you might see during your visit, learn more about the history of the site, and find other fun things to do in the area while you’re there. Images and text in this virtual kit are “clickable,” and will direct you to external sites! Find links to the virtual experience kits here.
For more information about how to reserve a kit, contact us at 412-741-6920.
*Note: These two sites currently offer free admission and do not require a pass at this time. We’d like to thank them for their participation in the Experience Kit program and encourage community members to visit their locations! Feel free to explore the virtual experience kits during your visit.