A library card opens an infinite world of possibilities. Getting a Sewickley Public Library card is fast, easy, and best of all, it’s free!
Your library card gives you access to eBooks, our public internet computers, extensive databases and the collections of 70+ libraries across the county! If you don’t have a card yet, you can get a temporary one, here. You can also get one in person at the library’s circulation desk. If you already have a card from another public library in Allegheny County, you can start using it here today.
Library Card Policies
- Borrowers’ cards are issued free of charge to all Pennsylvania residents.
- All applicants must show an up-to-date photo identification with your current address. If you do not have a photo ID with a current address, you must bring in a photo ID plus proof of your current address such as a lease or a piece of mail.
- The signature of a parent or guardian is required for children under age fourteen.
- Borrowers are responsible for all use made of their library card.
- Lost cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
- It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to supervise and monitor their children’s borrowing practices.
- There is no limit to the total number of materials which may be borrowed at a time. However, staff may limit magazines at their discretion.
- Three Weeks:
- Books (includes print and Audio Books)
- DVDs with a run time of more than 360 minutes
- One Week:
- Music CDs
- Video Games
The library offers automatic renewals on eligible items. Item due dates are automatically renewed up to six (6) times. An item will NOT be automatically renewed if:
- It is an item that does not offer renewals (like bestseller copiers of new books or wifi hotspots)
- The item is requested by another patron
- The item was already renewed six (6) times
- A patron’s account has more than $10 in fines and is not eligible to check out materials until payment is made
To check the status of the item(s) you have checked out, you can review your items via My Account on the Catalog.
Call the Circulation Desk at 412-741-6920 (extension 2) with any questions about renewals.
If you’re looking for an item, we can help you! There are several ways to request materials at the library:
- Call the Reference Desk at 412-741-6920 (extension 3) to request items.
- Request items online via My Account on the Catalog
- Stop in and request items at the Reference Desk.
- $.25 per day for adult materials
- $.25 per day for children’s items and children’s magazines
- $.50 per day for DVDs
- $1.00 per day for video games
- Persons whose fines exceed $10.00 will have their borrowing privileges suspended.
- If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair the current replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing fee must be paid to the library. Refunds will not be made for lost items which have been found.
- Borrowers will be notified of overdue materials two weeks after the due date. Replacement bills are sent three weeks later if materials are not returned.