A library card opens an infinite world of possibilities. Getting a Sewickley Public Library card is fast, easy, and best of all, it’s free!
Your library card gives you access to eBooks, our public internet computers, extensive databases and the collections of 70+ libraries across the county! If you don’t have a card yet, you can get a temporary one, here. You can also get one in person at the library’s circulation desk. If you already have a card from another public library in Allegheny County, you can start using it at Sewickley Public Library today.
Library Card Policies
- Borrowers’ cards are issued free of charge to all Pennsylvania residents.
- All applicants must show an up-to-date photo identification with your current address. If you do not have a photo ID with a current address, you must bring in a photo ID plus proof of your current address such as a lease or a utility bill.
- The signature of a parent or guardian is required for children under age fourteen.
- Borrowers are responsible for all use made of their library card.
- It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to supervise and monitor their children’s borrowing practices.
- There is no limit to the total number of materials which may be borrowed at a time. However, staff may limit magazines at their discretion.
- Lost cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
- Three Weeks:
- Books (includes print and Audio Books)
- DVDs with a run time of more than 360 minutes
- One Week:
- Music CDs
- Video Games
The library offers automatic renewals on eligible items. Item due dates are automatically renewed up to six (6) times. An item will NOT be automatically renewed if:
- It is an item that does not offer renewals (like bestseller copies of new books or wifi hotspots)
- The item is requested by another patron
- The item was already renewed six (6) times
- A patron’s account has more than $10 in fees and is not eligible to check out materials until payment is made
To check the status of the item(s) you have checked out, you can review your items via My Account on the Catalog.
Call the Circulation Desk at 412-741-6920 (extension 2) with any questions about renewals.
If you’re looking for an item, we can help you! There are several ways to request materials at the library:
- Call the Reference Desk at 412-741-6920 (extension 3) to request items.
- Request items online via My Account on the Catalog
- Stop in and request items at the Reference Desk.
Sewickley Public Library is a fine-free library. Overdue fines are not charged on items returned after the due date. Restrictions apply. Read the FAQ for more info.
- Borrowers will be charged a fee for items that are lost, damaged, or never returned.
- Refunds will not be made for lost items which have been found.
- Borrowers will receive due-date notifications for items past their due date (if not eligible for renewal). If the item is six weeks overdue, a bill to replace the item will be issued.
- Accounts whose fees exceed $10.00 will have their borrowing privileges suspended.