A library card opens an infinite world of possibilities. Getting a Sewickley Public Library card is fast, easy, and best of all, it’s free!
Your library card gives you access to eBooks, our public internet computers, extensive databases and the collections of 70+ libraries across the county! If you don’t have a card yet, you can get a temporary one, here. You can also get one in person at the library’s circulation desk. If you already have a card from another public library in Allegheny County, you can start using it here today.
Library Card Policies
- Borrowers’ cards are issued free of charge to all Pennsylvania residents.
- All applicants must show an up-to-date photo identification with your current address. If you do not have a photo ID with a current address, you must bring in a photo ID plus proof of your current address such as a lease or a piece of mail.
- The signature of a parent or guardian is required for children under age fourteen.
- Borrowers are responsible for all use made of their library card.
- Lost cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
- It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to supervise and monitor their children’s borrowing practices.
- There is no limit to the total number of materials which may be borrowed at a time. However, staff may limit magazines at their discretion.
- Three Weeks:
- Books (includes print and Audio Books)
- DVDs with a run time of more than 360 minutes
- One Week:
- Music CDs
- Video Games
May be done by phone, in person or online for any item not on reserve.
- $.25 per day for adult materials
- $.25 per day for children’s items and children’s magazines
- $.50 per day for DVDs
- $1.00 per day for video games
- Persons whose fines exceed $10.00 will have their borrowing privileges suspended.
- If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair the current replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing fee must be paid to the library. Refunds will not be made for lost items which have been found.
- Borrowers will be notified of overdue materials two weeks after the due date. Replacement bills are sent three weeks later if materials are not returned.