The Sewickley Public Library will have scheduled maintenance work on the library’s heating/ventilation/air-conditioning (HVAC) system. This work will cause several disruptions in library services between June 29-July 1.
This project will help temporarily repair one of the air conditioning units that services the second floor, including the Children’s Department and Community Room. As part of the project, the second floor A/C unit will be shut down starting Wednesday, June 29th through Friday, July 1st. We anticipate warm temperatures in these areas of the building while the unit is down. Please plan your visit to the library accordingly.
There will be several library disruptions during this time. Here is what to expect:
Wednesday, June 29
- Storytimes for 2’s & 3’s is canceled
- The Children’s Department will close at 5PM (this only affects the Children’s Department)
Thursday, June 30
- All morning library programs are canceled
- The Children’s Department will remain closed all day (this only affects the Children’s Department)
- Library parking lot will be unavailable in the morning to allow space for work crews and equipment
- Library will open at 1pm on Thursday, June 30
Friday, July 1
- The Children’s Department re-opens
This maintenance is part of the planned Building Preservation Project for the library. All updates regarding this project will be announced on our website at sewickleylibrary.org.